The Gun Game
- Introduction to the Gun Game and the Gun Life
- Gang and Gun Activity
- The Presence of Hidden Guns and Gun Evidence
- Recognizing Deception
- Characteristics of the Gun Game
- Street Encounters / Rapport
- Car Stops and Roadside Interviews of both Individuals and Groups
- Gun Investigations for the Street Cop
Instructor Tommy Brooks began his career in law enforcement after his honorable discharge from the United States Marine Corps in 1998. He started as a Transit cop then became a member of the Boston Police Department. After working primarily in plain clothes units, Brooks joined the Boston Gang Unit as a detective and later, as a Sergeant. While in the gang unit, he has worked making gang cases via informants, undercover work, search warrants, and other investigative means. He is also maintaining a working role as an Academy Instructor for many academies throughout Massachusetts. During his career, he has had the opportunity to work with the best cops in the nation, and he has received the George L Hanna Award for Bravery from the Governor of Massachusetts, a Medal of Honor, a Medal of Valor, and an Award of Merit from the Governor.
- Introduction to the Gun Game and the Gun Life.
- Recognition of the Presence of Guns, Street Level Gun Activity, Armed Person Recognition, and Gang Behavior.
- Characteristics and Behaviors of Armed Suspects.
- Street Encounters / Rapport.
- Car Stops and Roadside Interviews of both Individuals and Groups.
- Gun Investigations for the Street Cop.